Sunday, December 9, 2012

All Good Things Come to an End

My back has flared up again. This time I think I know what’s causing it. I was fine all week, and then all of a sudden Thursday, bam! So, I started thinking through what I may have done to cause this flare up. And I think I know what’s up:

posture-pictures-bad-posture

Friday and Saturday were pretty bad as pain goes. I decided against running yesterday, since lateral movement was sending pain into my hips. I’m still a little tender this morning (Sunday), so I’m thinking that, since I’m not really training for anything in particular, I’m going to play it safe and take one more day off and ramp up the Motrin (again).

Of course, this doesn’t come without cost. Please note the numbers below:

Friday Calorie Goal:

  • Goal: 1780
  • Food: 1886
  • Exercise: 0
  • Too few/(too many): (186)

Saturday Calorie Goal:

  • Goal: 1780
  • Food: 2068
  • Exercise: 0
  • Too few/(too many): (288) (Happy Hanukkah!)

I’m looking to get the show back on the road on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I like the drawing in the lower right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes... I had a terrible neck thing a couple of weeks ago. Definitely not fun... be sure to gently stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get back to it on Monday! Take it easy! I thought of you today when we were at Crystal Cove. That has turned into quite a popular race, filled with lots of fast athletes!! Wow, the course was tough too! Anyway, it was gorgeous and lots of fun! Hope you get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. If I work on the laptop on the couch...my back pays. Hope it's all good tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete