Monday, December 24, 2012

Drawing a Week to a Close

So I wrap up another week of my attempt to get in shape and shed a some pounds. I am pleased that I completed the week as planned:

For the week:

  • Total planned miles: 13.5
  • Actual miles: 13.5
  • Calorie deficit/(surplus): 79
  • Weigh in: 255 (0 change)

The last number has me a little bothered. I’m not starving myself for nothing you know! What this really points out is that either my portion sizing is off, or the calorie density of the foods I am eating are much greater than in my food database. It looks like I’m going to be experimenting in the future.

That being said…  it is Holiday Week, so the calorie counter is going to get turned off for a few days. The workout calendar isn’t though:

  • Monday: 2 miles
  • Tuesday: 3 miles
  • Wednesday: 2 miles
  • Thursday: Fly day. But, since I’m not flying, I may sneak in a few easy miles.
  • Friday: SRD
  • Saturday: 3 miles
  • Sunday: 2 miles
  • Total plan: 12 miles

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas/Happy Fesitvus/or whatever it is that you celebrate this time of year!

P.S. – Stay tuned. I *will* have a 2013 goal post up soon.

3 comments:

  1. From what I've read, not every calorie is created equally either. But I'm glad you're turning off the counter and enjoying a bit of the holiday festivities. There's 2013 to worry about the weight :).

    Merry Christmas, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If nothing else, it's making you more mindful of what and how much you are eating, and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned mine off too! Probably till the end of the week all together. Hope you had a Great Christmas! Take care.

    ReplyDelete