Friday, March 28, 2008

Back to running

Well, yesterday was a standard running day. My training plan has me doing 40 minutes a day, three times a week. At 40 minutes, I'm able to cover about 4.1 miles without pushing real hard. At first I was a little bothered by the fact that despite all of my training, I'm still so slow. But last night, I went back and checked my history as I was training for the OC half. Back then, I was good to do a 10:30 to 11:00 mile on a long run these days I'm at least one minute faster, so I guess I shouldn't complain. It still means that my marathon time will be in the 4:30 to 4:40 range, but for a first timer that's not too bad. I know - patience. One year ago I wasn't even running.

My next little project here is going to be figuring out how to program my Forerunner 305 as an electronic pace wristband. I'm sure it can be done - I just haven't spent the time to figure it out. I have some feelers out on a couple of forums. I'll get it figured out by Spirit Run this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment