Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easy Cross Train Day

Well - yesterday I decided to take it easy. I've been getting real tired and pretty sore after my workouts lately. I think my body is telling me that it's time to (a) fuel up, and (b) get some rest. I got a little concerned on Monday after getting in only 5.8 miles in a one hour run (albeit there were a lot of hills involved). The thing that bothered me the most was some dull pain in my calves and shins. I know those are indicative of possible shoe issues, but I am thinking that it may also have something to do with the amount of work I am putting in as of late.

So, yesterday I toned it down a bit. Got on the erg and went an easy pace for 30 minutes. Ended up pulling 6.5 km. Then into the weight room for some stretching and light weights. Altogether put 50 minutes in of light workout. Just enough to get sweaty!

That leaves me one thing that I have left to get a handle on - food intake. I need to search around for some better ways to assess the amount (and type) of food that I'm eating. I am doing a lot of workout these days. The issue that I am having is somewhere there seems to be a missing link - either I am not burning as many calories as my toys are telling me, or I am eating a lot more than my food log is telling me. Last week was a zero loss week on the scale. I really want to drop 10 lbs prior to the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon on June 1. But, I can't run myself into an injury or get sick because I'm not eating enough either. Interesting balancing act....

No comments:

Post a Comment