Thursday, March 13, 2008

Scaling back for a while

Remember two weeks ago when I ramped up my training time? Guess what? Time to ramp back down for the time being! My body is telling me that I'm trying to do too much too fast.

Nothing serious has occurred - yet. But I am just starting to feel aches and pains that I had not felt before. Pain in my shins and calves. A sore ankle. Stabbing pain in my knee every now and then. Not to mention kind of constant tiredness in my quads and just in general. Yesterday it was a real struggle to finish a 45 minute run! I started out fine, but by minute 30, I was struggling to get one foot in front of the other. I really tailed off the last 10 minutes or so. These are all signs that I'm going out too far too fast. The last thing I want to do is miss the marathon because I'm hurt!

So, it will be off today and depending on how I feel, maybe off tomorrow before our "long" run on Saturday. Then, I'll get back on track with the Cal Coast training program next week. I think next week we ramp up to 40 minutes a day 3x per week. I'll keep one cross train day on Tuesdays and try to get in the weight room on Thursdays.

So for today, I'll put my feet up on the table today and kick back!

No comments:

Post a Comment