Thursday, September 11, 2008

Interval Workout

Yesterday was interval day on the track. I went over to CDM (by the way - I hope the football team does well this year - they are certainly putting in the practice time) late in the evening to hit the track for a 2 mile warmup, 10X200 intervals with 200 rest, and a 1 mile warm down. Total was 5.5 miles.

Today is Thursday and I am feeling as fatigued as I have in a while. I slept through my alarm this morning, and am starting to feel a few lingering pains in my left shin. I am going to err on the side of caution and *not* walk to work today. I feel I am making some good strides in my training - feeling more fit and feeling like I am able to run faster longer (at least subjectively), so the last thing I want to risk at this point is injury.

I also need to check my records - I am coming up on my one year anniversary here - one year of running for fun. It seems like some of my workouts now are pretty arduous, but I can still remember when 3 miles was a loooonnnnggg way!

No comments:

Post a Comment