Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wednesday Intervals

Yesterday's workout was a toughie. Intervals. Heat. Humidity. But - when I hit the bed last night, I was sawing logs as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I didn't get out until late afternoon. I was a little surprised when I noticed the CDM football team was still practicing when I got to the track at 5:15. I laced up my shoes and wandered out to the track for 24 laps over the next hour. 2 mile warm up. Six 400 yard intervals with 400 rest in between. One mile warm down for a total of 6 miles. It felt great with the exception of intervals #4 and #5 where I had to slow down a smidgen to complete the lap. The warm down was a bit of a mental struggle - more because I just wanted to be done than for any physical reason. I finished up and got back home for a well deserved dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment