Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Six Mile Tuesday (Again)

The plan says five, but in my quest to get more base miles, I added one mile to yesterday's workout to total six. Nothing earth shattering about this run. Took off on the NAC South run like so many times before. Six miles at a pace a little more than easy, but definitely not hard. I managed an average pace of 9:58 and an average heart rate of 151.

I have just finished the sections in Pfitzinger's Advanced Marathoning book where heart rate is discussed - looks like I have a couple of things to check to optimize my training. The important thing that I have gleaned from the book is the same that many rowers that I know use - train at lactate threshold to maximize training benefits. So, I guess I need to figure out my lactate threshold. Maybe on Sunday I'll run hill repeats to figure out my maximal heart rate, and then try to get my resting heart rate Saturday morning after my rest day Friday.

Today's workout should be somewhat challenging - 12X200. For me, 200's are not as tough as 400's - so that's something to look forward to. Of course, 12 of them - well that's a different story....

No comments:

Post a Comment