Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Little Bit of Speed

That's all I have - a little bit of speed. But with workouts like yesterday's, I hope to see that increasing. Yesterday's workout was tough - 7x400, 400 rest. Two mile warm up, one mile warm down. That's a total of 6.5 miles. About interval #5 I wasn't sure I was going to make it!

Overall I was pretty pleased with the workout, though, when I was done. I managed to drive one lap down to a 6:46 pace (1:41), which is actually a whole lot better than I thought I was doing. I did have to rely on walking about 200 and jogging about 200 for rest and recovery, but that was part of the plan - I was allowed to walk 400 for recovery.

It is also time to plan this year's running goals. I'll be putting things on paper (actually in this blog) by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment