Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back on the Track

Yesterday I was back on the track for some speedwork. The weather report was calling for rain, so I was in a hurry to get things wrapped up before the rain started. The skies were cloudy and the wind was blustery. The workout was 8 by 400 with a 2 mile warmup and a 1 mile warm down. I fired up the iPod and hit the track at about 4:15 and was wrapped up an hour later before the football team was done practicing.

Vital stats - total mileage - 7; max heart rate - 170 (94% MHR); time in VO2Max - about 12 minutes.

I've started using a new calorie tracker this week too. Based on the input of some of the folks on the Runner's World forum, I decided to give FitDay a try. So far it's looking pretty good. The food database is pretty complete. I have yet to find something that I am eating that is not in the database. I'm going to give it a few days and then I'll do a little review here.

Finally, today is a SRD. I'll probably make the trek to Dana Point to get my goody bag for tomorrow's 10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment