Thursday, November 20, 2008

Four Mile Recovery Run

Last night's run was a four mile recovery run. I went down to Lower Back Bay and ran my usual two mile out and back. The ugly statistics - 4 miles, 11:10 average pace, 133 bpm (74% MHR). Not much else to the run. Started right at sunset, so finished up with lamps blazing. At least it's still warm out. I was reading yesterday about running back East - looks like I got out of New Jersey and West New York just in time!

I want to note two things related to training that have been happening. First, I've been hungry. All the time. I've been tracking my calories on SparkPeople and am eating somewhere in the 2100 to 2500 calorie range. My weekly burn from running in somewhere between 5000 and 6000 calories per week. I've been losing about half a pound per week. I need to do the math to see if my weight loss is in line with my calories in and calories out so I can make adjustments where needed. Second thing is that I've been physically tired. During the day I'm fine. But by the evening I'm really dragging. Last night, for example, I laid down at a little after 7PM to rest. I think I was out by the time my head hit the pillow. I slept like a log. I'm still a little groggy this morning. The good news is that my sleep is sound - not the fitful sleep that usually accompanies over training.

I'll be heading out this evening for a 45 minute tempo run. The weather is changing. It was very foggy out this morning when I woke. Right now, it clear blue skies at 5:45 AM. But, if the fog was here, that means that the onshore flow is trying to make an appearance. So, if the winds are blowing this afternoon, I'll make do my run up the San Diego Creek trail. Otherwise, I think I'll head down to Crystal Cove for a scenic ocean view run.

No comments:

Post a Comment