Sunday, October 5, 2008

10 Miler

So after a leisurely morning (actually slept in, went over to my favorite coffee house and had my coffee, finally hit the trail at 8 AM), I did my LSD around the Back Bay. I am starting to focus more on heart rate and less on pace. My heart rate averaged 140 over the course of the run, although for the last couple of miles I know I was up over 150.

Which brings me to my next point - I will be adapting Pfitzinger as my next training plan for the OC Marathon, and use the Higdon Intermediate Half for the Southern California Half Marathon. This time, I want to start paying more attention to training in the proper heart rate range. Basically, according to Pfitzinger, I need to know the following information:

  • Maximal Heart Rate: I took a look at all of the data in my Garmin, I can see that my MHR is 177 bpm. All of my other rate zones are calculated from this value
  • Lactate Threshold Rate: This is 80 to 90 percent of MHR, or 142 to 160 bpm
  • Long Run Pace: This should be 73 to 83 percent of MHR, or 130 to 147 bpm

This means I guessed about right today!

No comments:

Post a Comment