Thursday, October 30, 2008

Four Mile Upper Bay Run

Last night was a four mile recovery run. I ran the upper back bay, starting over by the YMCA heading back toward CDM High School. I took a little detour up the San Diego Creek trail instead of staying on the bay. Did two miles out and back at an average heart rate of 131 (73% MHR). That translated to a pace of 11:04, but that's because I had to slow down to an almost walk toward the end as I climbed the hill back to my car. Even then my heart rate climbed into the 140s.

With that slow pace and heart rate within the goal range (75% MHR for recovery), I am still sitting here this morning pretty physically exhausted. My sleep the past couple of nights has been pretty sound, so the only thing left affecting me physically has got to be the training. (Yawning again). I feel tired. My legs feel tired. My body feels tired. I hope I'm not coming down with a cold.

Today is a 45 minute tempo run. I have a client appointment in West L.A. this morning, but I should make it back in time. I think I'll run the San Diego Creek trail out and back. I am going to start paying close attention to heart rate as I transition into the Pfitzinger methodology. Today's tempo run should come off at 80% to 90% MHR (144bpm - 162bpm). Running at this rate should help improve my lactate threshold!

No comments:

Post a Comment