Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long Run Saturday

Yesterday was the first long run on the new plan. I put in eleven miles around the Upper Back Bay. There was a rumor that it got hot inland (upper 80's and low 90's), but the marine layer never lifted, keeping the temperature cool for the two hours of my run. Two hours!?!?! Yeah - I know - slow. But my main focus right now is building mileage, not speed. In fact, it's a little strange to be running without a goal race.

Final stats on yesterday's run - 11 miles in 1:56:23 (10:36 average). Average heart rate was 75% of maximum.

But the big news! I've managed to finally get myself out of the "Obese" category on the Body Mass Index scale. Yes - I'm down 10 pounds since the end of January. That puts me at at 29.7 BMI - just out of the Obese range. But, my Body Fat Percentage (currently at 28.5%) means that I am still categorised as "Fat". Guess I won't need to change the blog name quite yet!

On tap today - four recovery miles. I'll head out to the gym afterwards to get some stretching and core work in.

5 comments:

  1. That is great that you have continued to do well with losing weight. I am sure you will continue to drop down and get out of the "fat" category! Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Glenn! I remember what a thrill it was when I went from "obese" to "overweight." Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting out of the obese category. I too am running without training for a race now - although I'm running without a plan too. I'm starting to crave a race to train for, though. I guess my plan is working :). Of course, you're actually training for a hike, so your goal really is distance over speed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol about the 'obese' comment, but congrats on improving your bf%!! no matter what i do mine doesn't go anywhere. course neither does the jiggle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats with your continued weightloss (and better yet, increased fitness) efforts!

    ReplyDelete