Monday, May 11, 2009

Recovery Week over?

Today starts my new training cycle. That must mean that my "Recovery Week" is over. I wrapped the week up yesterday with another slow run - 4 recovery miles on the Back Bay. It was just about all I could do to drag myself out of the house in the late afternoon. I had six miles on the plan, but threw in the towel at the two mile point and turned tail. I ended up the week with 28 miles total.

This week I start something different. I start a slow (10 week) base building plan that will get me close to 50 miles a week. This week I'll actually get 3 rest days! Wow - what am I going to do with my spare time? Here's the plan for this week:

Monday: Rest day.
Tuesday: 7 miles general aerobic (GA). 10 X 100 strides thrown in for good measure.
Wednesday: Rest day. Perhaps I'll get on the erg machine and row a little. Hit the gym for stretching and core work.
Thursday: 8 miles GA
Friday: Rest day.
Saturday: 11 mile long run.
Sunday: 4 miles recovery
Total: 30 miles

Since I won't have anything running wise to write about tomorrow, I'll deliver the third part of my "Programming a Garmin" series then. Sorry to leave you hanging!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good plan for the week! Enjoy your rest days... as for what to do with your spare time, you can always waste it on Facebook. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the training! I think the rest days will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 days off-- What a slacker :)

    No, seriously it sounds like a great plan! Sorry if you mentioned this in a previous post-- but what is your next goal? Full marathon? Half?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So seriously, what are you gonna do with your days off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your new plan, Glenn. It looks like you have a good one that has some great runs with adequate rest and recovery. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete