Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Plates are Teetering

I’m going to age myself a little with today’s post. Some of us old folks out there might remember a weekly television variety show called the Ed Sullivan Show (back in the day when TV was a family event since there was only one in the whole house).  Well – there used to be a guy named Erich Brenn (a semi regular on the show) who would wow the audience with his plate spinning skills:

That’s kind of the way I’m feeling these days. In terms of my training, the plates are up and spinning. I finished last week at 31 miles (4.5 rowing, 26.5 running). I also worked in two days of resistance training – so there are a bunch of big check marks on last week’s plan.

This week is more of the same:

  • Monday: Erg 45 minutes – about 4 miles
  • Tuesday: Intervals with Cal Coast – about 5 miles
  • Wednesday: 5 mile GA. 2X20 seconds of “high knees”. 2X20 seconds of bounding.
  • Thursday: 3 mile recovery run. Resistance workout consisting of one set each: Lying Hip Abduction, Cook Hip Lift, Kneeling Overhead Draw In, Knee Fall Out, Split Squat Jump
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 11 mile medium long run. Take it easy.
  • Sunday: 5 mile MP run. Resistance workout consisting of one set each: Lying Hip Abduction, Cook Hip Lift, Kneeling Overhead Draw In, Knee Fall Out, Broad Jump
  • Total miles: around 33.

I’m just hoping the plates keep spinning:

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with this week :) I hope they do keep spinning! The sun should be shining, so that's enough reason right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best analogies! I really like the way you preface your post with a little lead in story. I was wondering what you were getting at with the Ed Sullivan show reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the spinning music! LOL.

    I hope you keep all of those plates spinning, and not letting one drop.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as the plates stay in the air, you're fine. Keep up the great work, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems as though you are really spinning your plates Glenn. Great Job, and I hope they keep spinning. Had to watch to videos and was truly amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck this week. Here's to those plates spinning!
    Have a great week!

    BTW I am trying to run 40 marathons by my 40th birthday..I have 12 months to run 22 more. (Sam just happens to be running a lot of the same ones I am running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, you mean ed sullivan isn't a collection of a bunch of random youtube vids? It was an actual SHOW?! huh, learn something new every day

    ReplyDelete