I’m going to age myself a little with today’s post. Some of us old folks out there might remember a weekly television variety show called the Ed Sullivan Show (back in the day when TV was a family event since there was only one in the whole house). Well – there used to be a guy named Erich Brenn (a semi regular on the show) who would wow the audience with his plate spinning skills:
That’s kind of the way I’m feeling these days. In terms of my training, the plates are up and spinning. I finished last week at 31 miles (4.5 rowing, 26.5 running). I also worked in two days of resistance training – so there are a bunch of big check marks on last week’s plan.
This week is more of the same:
- Monday: Erg 45 minutes – about 4 miles
- Tuesday: Intervals with Cal Coast – about 5 miles
- Wednesday: 5 mile GA. 2X20 seconds of “high knees”. 2X20 seconds of bounding.
- Thursday: 3 mile recovery run. Resistance workout consisting of one set each: Lying Hip Abduction, Cook Hip Lift, Kneeling Overhead Draw In, Knee Fall Out, Split Squat Jump
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: 11 mile medium long run. Take it easy.
- Sunday: 5 mile MP run. Resistance workout consisting of one set each: Lying Hip Abduction, Cook Hip Lift, Kneeling Overhead Draw In, Knee Fall Out, Broad Jump
- Total miles: around 33.
I’m just hoping the plates keep spinning: