Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Track Time Tuesday

Tuesday night! That meant it was track time with Cal Coast. I wandered over to the track a little after 5:30, put in a 1.25 mile warm up and then time for the fun and games.

  • Interval 1: 1200. 5:59. Rest 3 minutes. If you call staring at the ground doubled over rest.
  • Interval 2: Pant pant. 800. Started waaaaayyyyy too fast. Crash and burn at 300. Hit the eject at 400. 1:55. Rest a little longer
  • Interval 3: 400. Rested. Sub 100! 99 seconds. Booya!
  • Interval 4: Last one. 400. Good. Not sure puke threshold was going to be able to handle much more. 1:43.

I wrapped up with an easy 2.25 cool down for a total of 5 miles. The plates are spinning…..

10 comments:

  1. Yayyy for the plates Glenn. Keep em going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you call staring at the ground doubled over rest. That cracked me up!

    I must say I've never gotten such a chuckle out of reading someone's intervals before. You rock, Glenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuesday night track nights are the best. Spinning plates are still good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done a track workout I'd like to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Glenn! My daughter had a track meet tonight and it was raining and cold! She looked miserable:) I really wish that I could get at least one hour on the track. I think that I am going to talk to her coaches and see if they will let me run around it when the lacrosse players have practice. They are on the field...not the track.

    Keep up the awesome work Glenn:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a hard workout. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting very good at "staring at the ground doubled over" lately. Blah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice job glenn! i definitely think staring at the ground and panting = rest. do you choose rest vs. jog recovery for any reason? or just based on how beat up you are?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW glenn look at you go, all speedy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete