Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three Mile Easy Day

Last night was my “easy” day. Three slow easy miles. I followed it with my resistance training. Man am I sore. And it’s probably not from the running – especially since I barely broke the 10 minute mile barrier (average pace 9:49, average heart rate 68% of max). That tells me where I really need to be concentrating my efforts (it’s not the running….).

I’m looking forward to another easy day today. Six slow and easy miles. Now if the weather will just cooperate. It rained and snowed in Northern California today and the skies are pretty cloudy and stormy here. Isn’t it almost June?

9 comments:

  1. This rain is killing me! There was snow in the Sierra's yesterday! Have fun on the 6-miler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful day outside today for a run. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those easy miles! It is a beautiful day here - too bad I am inside at work : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting so excited to meet you! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like August in Denver this weekend, indicative by my toasted yard. Ha. Time for the sprinklers!!! Have a great weekend, I can say that now cuz in an hour and a half, I am off work for 4 days!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glenn,
    God I love the easy miles! We had a few really humid days here in Minnesota and I still ran. My pace was so much slower than usual but I kind of liked it:) I hope that your six miler goes well for you! Take care Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the six easy miles! Hopefully it'll be just what your muscles need. Doesn't June bring the gloom in Southern California?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog... Keep up the good work and enjoy the beautiful days.

    www.married2arunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel like it's counterproductive to do weights on an easy day :) they almost always make me sore!

    i did some bird dogs today and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete