Friday, January 23, 2009

The Running Gods are Not Being Nice

Well, as if I haven't had enough going on, I'm down with a pretty nasty cold. I spent some time at a poker table yesterday, and by the time I left I was hacking it up pretty good. I got home in time to don my running clothes and go out for a run, but it was dark and a little cool outside, and with my coughing I decided I would be better served to stay in than to try to force something that would provide little benefit to me (other than to burn a few calories). So, I settled in and watched the Lakers on TV. I'm feeling worse today than yesterday with a lot of coughing, so I'm sure I'm going to be resting today as well.

Heck, I think I'll just hold off until Monday. Saturday morning I'm taking my kids on a tour of UCLA (youngest is a High School Junior this year and needs to start seeing different colleges, and my oldest wants to transfer there). Besides, I want to make sure I'm feeling better when I get started, and the weather outside today certainly won't help in my current state.

5 comments:

  1. I hate that!!!
    UCLA WHAT ARE YOU!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

    It's all about SC baby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I need to show them the dark side first.....

    Fellow SC Alum (MBA 1986)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing college visits with my son too-he's a senior!! it's exhausting!!!

    Always a good idea to stay in and rest when sick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest up and drink lots of OJ...or alternatively my witch doctor cure:

    1) Juice some raspberries and blueberries, then mix with apple juice to fill a glass.
    2) Drink.

    I call it the antioxidant cocktail. I suppose you could just eat the blueberries and raspberries, but I personally don't like the texture.

    Oh, and I did see there was an article about core training in RW this month, but I haven't read it. I'm still staring at the cover ;).

    ReplyDelete