Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back at It

Sorry. No more concert video. Or food pictures. "Vacation" is over. I made my way out of the house last night and hit the trails. I'll wait until tonight to say I'm back on track. I felt strong and fresh - I think the week off did some good. The run on the plan was a 5 mile recovery run, and it was pretty effortless. The only real problem was that it was hot and humid yesterday. Unusually so for Southern California. I left for my run at 7PM and it was still 78 degrees out. I was happy for a change that there *was* a stiff on shore breeze blowing. It didn't take long before I was drenched.

Tonight's run should be a little more challenging. Intervals on the track (See? Told you I'd wait until today to say I'm back on track). 3 1/4 mile warm up, 5 800s at 10K pace with a 400 yard rest, and a 1 mile warm down for a total of 8 miles. It's supposed to be a warm sticky day again today. Honestly - I don't know how you Easterners put up with this day in and day out!

9 comments:

  1. Omg so jealous you get to go to the track. Enjoy the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your run tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be great to be back again.
    Have a great run and take care in the heat (I'm with you on the heat. I cannot function normally in it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on that track work out. it looks tough! just like us easterners. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang. I have intervals tonight too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no you don't!!! Not one complaint from you Mr. Jones about a couple of days of humid weather!! ; - )

    Yeah...it basically sucks! I detest humidity. So does my hair. And my face looks so lovely with an oil sheen on it from sweating profusely as I train! lol Have a great run tonight! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100 Heat index here this weekend. no complaining allowed, mr! congrats getting back at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to get back out there glenn. vacation is over, time to get back to work! hope the track workout went well!

    ReplyDelete