Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Some Decent Race Photos

You've no doubt seen them. All along the race course. The "official" photographers. Those guys that snap those photos that we never buy. Well, at least *I* never buy. And you all know why - have you ever seen a good race picture? I sure have taken some horrible pictures, probably capped by my San Diego Rock N Roll finish pictures, complete with crooked sunglasses, bloody nipplosity and all.

But, even though I know that they aren't going to turn out well, I still try to ham it up a little whenever I pass a photographer. A fake smile here. A wave there. At least I'll look like I'm having fun.

So, I was expecting more of the same this morning when I got the email from fotojack that the Jet to Jetty photos were ready. Instead, what I got was shocking. Some decent photos!

This must have been early on in the race. Notice the shirt is still dry:

This one was later on around mile 5. I'm looking down the bluff at the finish line. Oh soo close but yet so far away! I actually look like I'm running - I have one foot off the ground!

And here I am with Kathleen of Write-Sizing. After I finished, I was warming down and found her on her way in. I ran with her into the finish chute. At this point she was doing great! Unlike me, she could carry on a coherent conversation.

Not too bad if I say so myself! Next time I'll have to shave. Make up! Make up!

15 comments:

  1. You're going to have to change your blog title because I don't see any fat guy running in those pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do look like you are having fun! yep, i never buy them either - because I look so gross in them! and I agree with the other commenter, you're not the running fat guy anymore (if you ever were...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! No Fat Guy shown at all! Good photos and great run! Your 4:45 marathon is in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pics.

    Never mind the shave ;-)
    I always find it very relaxing to go for a run while in weekend-mode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I'm super jealous. 3 great race photos? A trifecta??? Craziness. I always look MAD in mine, I call it, "very intent on winning." :p aka: on the verge of death/I hate myself for signing up for this. Hah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that those are good pics! :) Nice job. funny thing is I'm actually going to do a post on how to take good race pictures sometime soon. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenn-the 2nd one is my favorite due to the action post and the joy in your face. That's a framer. Congrats on the "decent" pics and terrific race.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only do you have to practice running, you have to practice looking good for the cameras! LOL.

    I'd say you nailed it this time!

    I agree with what Runeatrepeat said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with runeatrepeat-- your blog needs a new name-- Running FIT guy.

    You are getting better at being photographed-- I remember a post not too long ago where you had a rough streak and some bad photos to prove it-- I will have to take some notes on how to take a better pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are fantastic race photos! The ones of me I am usually looking down, so I rarely get any good ones! :) Great stuff, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pictures Glenn. You sure has great running form.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos - even without the shave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pics glenn! i hate when they catch me and it looks like i'm not even moving :) these are excellent action shots. too bad they are wayy expensive. c'mon photo companies - it doesn't cost you that much to snap and print these.

    ReplyDelete