Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Digit Head's Curse

To say I'm a digit head is an understatement. I relish data. I constantly analyze. Trying to make sense out of the information in front of me. Trying to determine cause and effect. Trying to classify and categorize.

Yesterday we laid my Father-in-Law to rest. It was a beautiful celebration of his life. Despite the impending storm and the cool, blustery weather, the Sun made an appearance as we carried his casket to the grave site. It was a fitting finish.

After all the emotion, I laced up my shoes and hit the Back Bay for some introspective time. The clouds were swirling and the winds cold and biting by the time I finished up at dusk.

I guess there are just some things that don't need to be analyzed....

7 comments:

  1. i am so sorry for your loss! I hope you celebrated your father-in-laws wonderful life! I did that last year when my grandmother passed! I flew from LA to Scotland for her funeral and it was a celebration of life! She was 100! I can only hope I live that long! I know where you are! And I'm sure the run was fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Glen. It is comforting to know that families can be Eternal though. Your a great guy. Take your wife out for a long vacation of her choice. Sounds like both of you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your FIL. It's always nice to see a sign from God during a service like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss...glad you had a chance to find some peace .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got some rest this weekend. I know that dealing with a funeral and such can be very stressful. When my grandfather died my freshman year in college I didn't realize how much strain it put on me. Looking back at pictures of myself just 2 days after the funeral I look horrible. I didn't even realize how drained and tired I actually looked. So I hope that you got some rest and the run helped and this week will be a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about the loss of your father-in-law. I'm glad running can help a bit, even if it's a hard thing to make sense of.

    ReplyDelete