Thursday, December 31, 2009

Nothing Like Waiting Until the Last Minute

Yes, I was supposed to have this all out of the way and done on Monday. But I didn't. Then on Tuesday I was on a plane to Chicago. Yesterday I had to deal with this:


And this:


Earlier this morning I was back on a plane dealing with this:


And this:


(Wait a minute - didn't they drop him?)

So here we are, the last day of 2009. And I'm three miles short of my goal. So, a little after three today I laced up my shoes and headed to my favorite hill for some punishment for being such a bad boy. Two mile warm up, five hill repeats, one mile warm down for a total of 5.5 miles.

THAT MEANS I DID IT!!!! Woot! Woot! Sometime around 3:30 or so I ran 1500 miles for the year. Final stats for 2009 - 1502.03 miles. That's like Los Angeles to Minneapolis!

Here's hoping that you and your family have celebrating a safe and happy New Year!

15 comments:

  1. Very cool and inspiring! Great job and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on fulfilling your running mileage goal for the year - come rain or snow, like the postal carriers, you delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow dude! congratulations! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Big CONGRATS to you Glenn! Way to go with your 1500 miles for 09'. So, What is the plan for 2010. Speaking of which, 2010, such a cool number for a year. Like Science Fiction. sori, had to throw that in there. Look at that snow. Must be a shock for you I bet. Well......Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah, funny about Tiger.

    Congrats on making your 1500 mark goal - that's incredible!!

    Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Glenn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Glenn! I am trying to start the new year off by running this morning but it might not work out. Its 13F feels like -1 with wind chill and its snowing! I am beginning to wish i lived in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on hitting your mileage goal! nothing like a little last minute procrastination ;) glad you were able to get it in!! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenn holy cow! Congratulations!! 1502.03 miles?! Way to go! Are you going to shoot for 2,010 this year? :) Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's some awesome running Glenn! I just want to say that I really enjoy reading your blog and LOVE watching your progress.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1500! WOW~

    PS-Why am I not on your blogroll!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Glenn, you did it! I love your sense of humor with the Tiger picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man, I hope that small dusting of the white stuff didn't throw you off TOO much. :P

    CONGRATS ON MAKING YOUR 2009 GOAL!!! Great work.

    ReplyDelete