- Tough workout!
- My middle six miles were at an 8:53 pace (10K pace minus ten seconds). If I would have done that on December 13th, I would have had a 10K PR.
- Wow. Tough workout!
- So *that's* the way that pain is supposed to feel.
- I finished the six miles with absolutely nothing left in the tank. Had to search for quarters on the ground for a minute or two to make sure there wasn't going to be spewage.
- After all that, I still brought in my warm down mile in 10:20 - that's a 4:30 marathon pace
- Did I say wow! Tough workout!
I *loved* this workout. Hard hard hard. It pushed me. Yet when all was done and I was on my way back to my car the pace was pedestrian. A pace that would put me at a 4:30 marathon. I am getting a feel for what I am capable of doing. Now it's just a matter of being able to do it for 26.2.
On another note, I emptied my camera and thought I would share some photos of Wednesday's run through Shady Canyon. Here's the entry to this pretty community:Luckily, when developers were allowed to build in this canyon, the City of Irvine and Orange County stipulated that an easement for a multi-use trail be provided. As a result, we have this great trail though the hilly and beautiful terrain in Shady Canyon: