Final stats on the run: 8 miles at an average pace of 9:57 including a final mile in a 9:38. On the positive side, I kept my heart rate down - only averaged 75% of MHR. But, it was a hour and a half of struggle. I finished week 3 right on tack. 32.5 miles. One good quality work out on the track. A bunch of good aerobic miles under my belt.
On the calendar this week (week 4 of 18):
- Monday: 3 miles GA (general aerobic). Stretching and core work.
- Tuesday: 6 miles GA
- Wednesday: 3 miles GA. Stretching and core.
- Thursday: 4 hill repeats. Two mile warm up, one mile cool down for 5.5 miles total.
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: 13 mile long run.
- Sunday: 6 miles Marathon Pace.
- Total planned miles: 36