Saturday, February 6, 2010

Final Preparations for Surf City

So, I'm wrapping things up at this late hour for tomorrow's little Half Marathon with about 20,000 of my close friends.

Speaking of close friends, we had a little dinner tonight with some of my Runner' World Forum friends:

And some of my Twitter friends:

(Hey! Who let that old guy in on the right?)

The dinner was to raise funds for Operation Jack. If you haven't already checked out Operation Jack , please do. My pal Sam Felsenfeld is running 60 marathons this year to bring attention in the fight against Autism.


As I mentioned earlier today, I needed to fill out my Half Marthon playlist. Here it is in all it's glory. Don't judge me. I'm trying to match music to the race strategy that I published earlier today:

Classical Gas - Mason Williams
Oh Yeah - Yello (from Ferris Beuller's Day Off)
Bitter Sweet Symphony -The Verve
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Take Me to the River - Talking Heads
Once In a Lifetime - Talking Heads
The Real Me - The Who
Gut Feeling/Slap Your Mammy - Devo
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Lovegame - Lady Gaga
Paparazzi - Lady Gaaa
Love Shack - B52s
Private Idaho - B52s
53 Miles West of Venus - B52s
Who Was In My Room Last Night - Butthole Surfers
Goofy's Concern - Butthole Surfers
The Annoying Song - Butthole Surfers
Redneck Rampage - Mojo Nixon
I Can't Surf - Reverend Horton Heat
Right Here, Right Now - Fatboy Slim
The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim
Hey Boys, Hey Girls - Chemical Brothers
Do It Again - Chemical Brothers
Galvanize - Chemical Brothers
Aero Dynamik - Kraftwerk
Tick Tick Boom - The Hives
Walk Idiot Walk - The Hives
8675309 - Tommy Tutone
Get Crazy - LMFAO
I'm in Miami Bitch - LMFAO
Robot Rock - Daft Punk
Aerodynamic - Daft Punk

Finally, it's time to turn in. I want to thank everyone for all the nice words and kind wishes. Everything's ready to go except the apple fritter and cup of coffee!


PR or ER!!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. no ER!!! PR!!! and FUN!!!! can't wait to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time tomorrow! Good luck and run fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Run. Dont let Lady Gaga throw off your rhythm. lol. WIshing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! It should be a great day!

    I like your playlist. Some of those songs, I haven't heard for a very long time. Butthole Surfers? I haven't heard them for 20 years! :-P

    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your playlist! Have a great time, Glenn - I can hardly wait to read your RR!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking you won't even get to those last few songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Glenn! You the man!!! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great playlist love Talking Heads,Devo and B52's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the half was good today and you had a great race!! Must have been fun eating with all those people!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say, some of those songs took me by surprise (shock!). I certainly hope you did marvelous this morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and I wish I was brave enough to eat a donut prior to a race. I always wait until afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rock with your music Glenn. I hope the race was fun...I KNOW IT WAS WINDY because we were blown around the town down here! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete