Friday, February 12, 2010

Mid-Week 10 Miler

So, if I was moving slowly on Monday (the day after Surf City), I'm moving even slower today. I feel like the day after a marathon! My legs and butt are sore like you wouldn't believe. A mean case of DOMs. I'm having trouble pulling my pants on. My family is even laughing at me. Anyone need some comic relief?

Seems that the hill workout on Wednesday kicked my butt. I got my 10 miler in last night, but had to keep it slow and steady. Like really slow. I couldn't help it! If I tried to speed up my butt cheeks would cramp! At least it was a steady and consistent pace. 10.3 miles at an average pace of 10:45 (I told you slow!). It was a nice way to cap off a beautiful day here in Southern California.

Today I think I'm going to savor my scheduled rest day.....

7 comments:

  1. I think I've only ever hit 9 miles mid-week.Anything longer and I do it on a Saturday. You're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Rest up!

    What are DOMs? I Googled it with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the rest! A 10 miler would have kicked my butt too!

    Oh and I was told that I have a surprise coming today for Saturday night...I am thinking there is a chance it might be Sabres tickets!! We will see though, i could be totally wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like such a slacker. I'm so behind on my running... Plus you have DOMS. That means you've been putting in some hard work. Nice job. I promise I won't laugh. ;)

    Thanks for the comments on my blog. That picture was from the hike to El Tepozeco Pyramid in central Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Glenn,
    That is funny that your family is laughing at you!! My family did the same thing to me a day or two after my first half:) I feel for you...hopefully you will be back to normal in no time:) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cramping in the butt cheeks? never heard of that one...

    hope your rest day was everything you dreamed of and the soreness is wearing off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PSSST.I just wanted to remind you to go and get some exotic pretty flowers for your wife :)

    And butt cramps would slow even the most seasoned runner down!

    ReplyDelete