Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seem to Be Healed Up

Last night was a rowing night. I got on the erg and rowed 12 sets of 250 meters at a hard pace (averaging 1 minute each) followed by 30 seconds rest. Add a 1000 meter warm up and a 1000 meter warm down and I got my 5 kilometers in a little less than 30 minutes. My legs (especially the offending calf) feel fine today. The real test will be tonight. I have a 10 mile tempo run on the schedule, but I think I'm going to play it safe and cut the tempo part off. I'll do a 10 miler around the Back Bay this afternoon. My tempo run this week will be Sunday race day.

On a related note, it appears that it will be perfect running weather on Sunday for Surf City. The weatherman is still calling for a slight chance of rain (20% - 30%) with winds light and variable. Temperatures will probably be in the high 40's/low 50's at start time (6:30 for the marathon, 7:45 for the half) with the high predicted in the low 60's. By the way - if you are coming out from the Midwest or the East, you'll be able to tell us Southern Californians. We'll be the ones wearing the down jackets and fleece. After all - it is *only* going to be 60 degrees! Jeesh!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Glenn,
    Cheers for calves that don't hurt...glad to hear that you are doing good and feeling fine! Oh my God, 60 degrees!?! If it were 60 degrees here in Minnesota most of us would put on our swim suites and attempt to get a tan!!! Have a great day Glenn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm uber jealous of your beautiful race day forecast. PR or BUST Glenn!! (ok, don't ACTUALLY bust, as I'm guessing that mean the ER visit, you mentioned in your comment. :p). I'll be anxiously awaiting your results. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me some sun! Its cold here! 60 degrees can be cold...last year in march i was in Florida and it was like 65 and it was chilly!!! So i understand! Hopefully Sunday will be good weather with NO rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're better!!!

    Good luck on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing (um,r eading) about your Surf City experience.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! Love it!
    Glad your legs are feeling better.
    Sounds like the weather will be perfect for you run on Sunday! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your leg is feeling better. Thanks for the comment today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that your calf is feeling better!

    That does sound like perfect running weather for Surf City. All the spectators probably will be in down jackets. I have fond memories of bundling up in parkas, hats, and mittens to cheer my dad on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the calf is doing better. Good luck with the PR on Sunday, pretty fast course. I hope to make it down there Sunday morning, just gotta make sure the "social director" hasn't scheduled anything. Is there a tweet up before the race?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, fun, fun Glenn. I hope you have a clear skies and dry roads for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear that you leg is seeming better. Best wishes and success on Sunday. 60 Degrees. That should make for a comfortable time there. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a good idea to take it a little easy (intensity wise) til race day. yikes, 60*. better pull out the snowsuit! ;)

    we're supposed to get more snow here later this week... you are always welcome to come run in my lovely single-digit weather with me! i know, it's tempting!

    ReplyDelete