Monday, February 8, 2010

Just Checking In

Good morning folks! I just wanted to take a moment and check in. I'm crafting my Surf City Race Report (should be up by tomorrow morning). Good news is no ER time was spent, and although I PR'd, (2:07:38), it was still a little disappointing. I was expecting more out of myself.

I suppose I shouldn't be too disappointed since it was really more like a 13 mile tempo run on my training schedule. In fact, the race wrapped up another decent training week:
  • Run: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday for a total of 28.75 miles
  • Row: Monday, Wednesday for a total of 15 kilometers (9.3 miles)
  • Total: 38 miles
I'm moving pretty slow today, but I'll be back on the rowing machine tonight:
  • Monday: Erg 5 km. Stretch and core workout.
  • Tuesday: 10 mile general aerobic run.
  • Wednesday: Row 10 km
  • Thursday: Hill workout - 2 mile warm up, 7 hill repeats, 1 mile warm down for a total of 6.5 miles
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 16 mile long run
  • Sunday: 8 mile pace
  • Total: 49.8 miles. (I'll find an extra .2 somewhere)

Six more weeks until we get to grace the streets of Los Angeles!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PR! I was interested in how you did so I actually went on the website to check the results. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the PR Glenn! Great job! Can't wait to read the report! Hopefully you will be moving better by the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Glenn on the PR. May you be moving well later on today. 6 more weeks huh? I bet you are so excited. Take care. Train Well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the PR! I can understand wanting to have hit better, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glenn,
    Way to PR buddy:) I am so happy for you!! I am looking forward to reading your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the PR! I can't wait to hear about the race report, I was just reading someone else's on that race and it sounded like a nice day out there. Great job on the miles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Glenn! What a fantastic AM for a race!! Especially all the rain the previous day. We had some really bad weather going over the pass getting into the area and still lots of rain getting into the Hotel. We had a blast, and I will do this one again. The beach and surf looked great. A little flooding, but the band playing on the most flooded corner was the best.

    Sorry I was not able to find ya. I looked as best I could while I was standing around waiting for my wave to go.

    Anyway, fun race and ready to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the PR!! Can't wait to read the full race report!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A PR is way better than the ER. :) Congrats on a great race! Can't wait to hear the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw your playlist. Could that be the magical formula?! Congrats on a PR w/o the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job Mr. Pr! Looking forward to your thoughts on this race.

    See you at the Firecracker 10K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why the disappointment?

    It was good seeing you. I don't think I'll be doing AFC this summer (three years in a row may be enough...) June is the rock and roll 1/2. I'm hoping for a much flatter course and no hill at mile 11 (been there, done that!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. typical runner... "i pr'd but i'm not satisfied with it". i do recall a couple days ago you claiming you "weren't really into it" hmmmm? ;) guess you'll have to keep hacking away at it.

    congrats!!

    ReplyDelete