Saturday, February 27, 2010

This Week - Down the Tubes

So this week really went right down the tubes. Into the tank. Up in smoke. You get the drift. Friday's 10 kilometer row succumbed to some business matters, and today's 10 mile pace run succumbed to bad weather. This leaves me a 10K race tomorrow morning, and if I pull of a couple mile warm up/warm down, I *might* be talking 30 miles this week. How about a 4 week taper?

I did join a trail running club today - the Southern California Trail Headz. I got dressed in all my wet weather clothing glory and made my way to the New Member meeting this morning. It was raining steadily, and the higher I got in the hills, the worse the weather got. When I pulled into the parking lot, not only was it raining, but it was also foggy and a 20 to 25 mph wind whipping around. There were three or four other hardy fools souls standing around, but the whipping wind and rain was enough to chase me (and most of the others) back to the warmth and comfort of our cars. Oh well - at least I dragged my sorry ass out of bed!

Tomorrow morning - Chinatown Firecracker 10K! Hardly a PR course, but it won't keep me from trying!

11 comments:

  1. no rainy trail running for you?????

    I think i'm going to join you for Dim Sum tomorrow but not run-need to take my 4 legged running partner onto the trails to chase bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn,
    Sorry about the rain messing up your plans for doing a trail run! You had good intentions! Cheer up...you are going to be fine!! Good luck with your Chinatown Firecracker 10K!! Enjoy the run:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you have a great time at the 10k today! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you'll be well rested for the 10k anyway. Best of luck.

    I answered your questions about the tempo runs in my comments. Let me know if you have more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh life, getting in the way of running sometime. you'll be ok - you've put in the mileage over the past few months. hope the 10k race went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto for my week. must be somthing in the air - the rain maybe? i have zip rain gear to run in. we had lots of it yesterday.

    oh well, at least you got out of town to the hills for a bit of drive anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And today, it's beautiful here...SoCal weather, wait around a day and it'll change for you.

    I will agree though, yesterday was UGLY! I went to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your race went well Glenn...I had a little race today myself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. See... told ya I'd be back.

    Want to know how the Firecracker went.

    Make sure to check my blog:

    www.weighdownsouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. best laid plans an all! I have never yet completed a schedule to the tee. Oh well Spring is round the corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the 10K went well. Good to see you Saturday. We stood around the entrance to the restrooms and chatted a for a bit longer then decided to head down to Starbucks. Right as we went to our cars the rain stopped so we decided to go out for a bit. Turned into 3.5 very slow, hardly runnable, slippery, muddy miles but still fun! Hope to see you out there soon.
    Deirdre ;)

    ReplyDelete