By the way, I've been getting a lot of comments from those I've been lucky enough to meet that my blog's name may be misleading - that I'm not really a fat guy anymore. Thank you all! I'm double blushing. The name of my blog actually dates back to when I first started running - 50 flabby pounds ago. Come to think about it, the name may have been a little misleading back then. That certainly wasn't running I was doing - that's for sure! And to answer the next question - the blog's name won't change until I lose a little more weight. Here's a photo from Saturday:
There's still a roll here and some pudge there, but at least I lost the shelf on the top of my stomach where I could rest my burger while driving. Technically I'm still a Clydesdale - 5' 11" and 215 pounds (depends on how soon after a long run weigh myself). As soon as the L.A. Marathon is over in a few weeks, I'm changing my training focus to losing weight and gaining speed. I can't help but think the two are inversely related.
Now I'm supposed to pass the sunshine award on to 12 others. Hmm. I can think of a few I would like to pass it on to. I'm sure some of these have already received the award, but here goes:
- Lindsay at Chasing the Kenyans: I love her sense of humor and dry wit.
- akaAlice at HefferBlog: I love her self deprecating sense of humor. Anyone who can laugh at themselves has me instantly captured as a reader.
- Meg at Meg Runs: Always has a bright and cheery outlook. Even when the chips are down, she still smiles.
- Jeri at Jerbear Shares: Just look at that smile. Enough said.
- AZ at AZ Running. 64 miles or something sick like that the week after a marathon. Having a bad running week? He'll spread the sunshine
- Slomohusky at Desert Rat Runner: Despite what life may serve, he always has time for his wife and family. See you at the OC Marathon Slomo!
Hmm. That's not 12. At least it gets me half way there.
On the schedule today is 5 kms on the rowing machine. I had to ditch yesterday's workout after my super awesome experience Saturday. Stay tuned for that race report tomorrow!