Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunshiney Day!

Irene over at Magazine Smiles has bestowed the "Sunshine Award" on me. She mentions on my blog: " Hardly the fat guy. He needs to change it to "The Running fit Guy." Glenn resides just north of San Diego, and he even came down here to run a 5k with us this past November. I hope to make it to a race in his area at some point." Thanks Irene! I'm blushing....




By the way, I've been getting a lot of comments from those I've been lucky enough to meet that my blog's name may be misleading - that I'm not really a fat guy anymore. Thank you all! I'm double blushing. The name of my blog actually dates back to when I first started running - 50 flabby pounds ago. Come to think about it, the name may have been a little misleading back then. That certainly wasn't running I was doing - that's for sure! And to answer the next question - the blog's name won't change until I lose a little more weight. Here's a photo from Saturday:

There's still a roll here and some pudge there, but at least I lost the shelf on the top of my stomach where I could rest my burger while driving. Technically I'm still a Clydesdale - 5' 11" and 215 pounds (depends on how soon after a long run weigh myself). As soon as the L.A. Marathon is over in a few weeks, I'm changing my training focus to losing weight and gaining speed. I can't help but think the two are inversely related.

Now I'm supposed to pass the sunshine award on to 12 others. Hmm. I can think of a few I would like to pass it on to. I'm sure some of these have already received the award, but here goes:
  • Lindsay at Chasing the Kenyans: I love her sense of humor and dry wit.
  • akaAlice at HefferBlog: I love her self deprecating sense of humor. Anyone who can laugh at themselves has me instantly captured as a reader.
  • Meg at Meg Runs: Always has a bright and cheery outlook. Even when the chips are down, she still smiles.
  • Jeri at Jerbear Shares: Just look at that smile. Enough said.
  • AZ at AZ Running. 64 miles or something sick like that the week after a marathon. Having a bad running week? He'll spread the sunshine
  • Slomohusky at Desert Rat Runner: Despite what life may serve, he always has time for his wife and family. See you at the OC Marathon Slomo!

Hmm. That's not 12. At least it gets me half way there.

On the schedule today is 5 kms on the rowing machine. I had to ditch yesterday's workout after my super awesome experience Saturday. Stay tuned for that race report tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. That's a great photo of you. The scenery is just lovely. I am also trying to drop a few pounds in hope of picking up the speed at LAM. I am pretty sure that weight/speed are related. I mean, if nothing else, dropping some lbs will lessen the weight the knees has to hold up for that many miles. It is so amazing to see you progress in your training, running and to always strive to be your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you just the sweetest! Thanks for the award. :D And I really don't think you need to trim down too terribly much based on that picture. You look like a lean running machine! (fyi, even us scrawnies have rolls. :p)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve a slice of sunshine for all the weight you've lost. I love the photo and wish Colorado was hording some of that warmth you in SoCali have but hopefully we aren't too far away! Looking good, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look great Glenn!! That California sun and good weather is perfect for running and staying in shape!! You have accomplished so much and be so proud of yourself!! I hope that you have an excellent week and keep smiling my Cali friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look great Glenn!! That California sun and good weather is perfect for running and staying in shape!! You have accomplished so much and be so proud of yourself!! I hope that you have an excellent week and keep smiling my Cali friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Sunshine shout-out Glenn, you are too kind! I was wondering when you were going to change the name of your blog...maybe you should insert the word speedy in there some where. I hope your training is going well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the sun and kind comments :) i think it's working, as we've been above freezing for almost 4 days now! gasp! ;)

    lol about your now-missing shelf. i hope you don't renovate again to add shelving back or more compartments!

    ReplyDelete