Friday, April 16, 2010

It’s Beautiful in Them Hills

I headed into the local hills yesterday for a change or scenery. It’s beautiful up there! And all less than ten minutes from home!

The trailhead:

P4150019P4150022 

The trails:

P4150020P4150021 

The flora:

P4150045 P4150028 P4150030 P4150031 P4150033 P4150036 P4150039

The views:

P4150051 P4150035 P4150043 P4150048 P4150049

That’s the ocean out there in the distance. Down there is Crystal Cove, one of my other favorite places to run.

Oh. The run? Seven and a half miles with a few hills thrown in for good measure:

P4150025P4150047 

Running Bommer Ridge-El Moro 4-15-2010, Elevation - Distance 

I’m a little (actually quite) sore this morning. I was in serious tongue dragging mode toward the end. At least this guy didn’t get what he was waiting for….

P4150040

And it’s Friday. Weigh in time. Gulp. 220.2. Eight tenths less than last week. At least the slope of the line is still correct. Just don’t let me get near any food these days. What you just may have heard is me inhaling that little almond from six feet away…..

17 comments:

  1. Nice to see you hitting the trails Glenn - certainly more scenic than your usual 8 mile runs no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run! I love to run there also. Enjoy the trails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trails look great! Sounds like a fun run! Hope you have a great weekend! I know the feeling of not wanting to race! I was in that for about 9 months it felt like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you manage taking such nice pics while running? i'm too busy concentrating on breathing and not keeling over.. nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat healthy Glenn. Thanks for sharing the pix. Wished I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not wrong the scenery is beautiful. Really like the photos being a tourist in your own backyard (ie taking photos) helps you not to take things around you for granted

    ReplyDelete
  7. That almond comment had me rolling on the floor! That is really talented..hahaha!

    Those hills on that chart look terrible. A good thing it was beautiful there to distract you. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those images are amazing, I am going to have to go check out these trails for myself.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Glenn,
    I absolutely loved those pictures!! Your trail run was so beautiful...look at all of those flowers and gorgeous countryside:) Glenn, I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brett Favre himself would have to be "the view" for me to get into trail running. You're loco Glenn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeri made me laugh :-))

    Awesome photos. Isn't SoCal wonderful that we have the ocean, and then just a few miles away, the trails and hills.

    Keep busy. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It IS beautiful in THEM hills! Loved the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those hills are for real! They would definitely kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures! And those flowers.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete