Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not Much to Add Today

Made it to the track with my pals from Cal Coast last night. Two mile warm up, 2 X 400, 2 X 800 intervals, mile and a half warm down for five miles total. It was real obvious that I hadn’t done this in a while. The speed was still there. It was the pain that was the difference.

I engaged in a brief discussion last night about midway through the session. Me to Coach Sumner - “Wow. I can sure tell I haven’t been out here doing this in a while.” Coach to me - “I can too. Add a few pounds there Glenn?”

Hmmm. Motivation *might* be back in full force today…..

11 comments:

  1. Thats all we need is that little kick, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your coach dishing you some tough love?

    I was thinking of going out to track workouts with Snail's Pace next tuesday at OCC. I've never done track work with a group before so I am nervous!

    Where are you and the Cal Coast folks running this Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out on the track! I am sure that you will drop those pounds quick if you keep it up with those workouts! The track is a great place to help you lose weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Glenn, I love that your coach noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice of your coach... better get on it glenn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found ya -- looks like you have a lot on your schedule the next couple of months?! Good luck with all of your training and I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know, a coach would NEVER say that to a woman...I would cry! You took it like a man though, get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh...OUCH.

    I'm with Meg, if Coach Paul said that to me, I'd probably come back with some smart aleck remark...but then I'd cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's not one to hold back is he? Maybe that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *zing* Nothing like a dig from a friend to get you back out there.

    A similar comment is what got me back into cross training (e.g. 100 push up challenge)

    ReplyDelete