So I finally did it. I finally finished week one post marathon recovery. Never mind it took three weeks to do it.
I finished the week with a short but sweet tempo run on Saturday (3.2 miles) and a short but sweet trail run on Sunday (4 miles in head high grass - had to check for ticks afterwards). I finished the week a little short of plan (20 miles compared to the 27 on plan), but I did get out 5 days. The only problem was what to do with my spare time Saturday morning. I used to have to set aside 2 or 3 hours. Instead I was done in 45 minutes. I had some serious thumb twiddling time.
On the plan this week is a little more mileage. If I follow the plan to a tee (highly unlikely), I’ll be up over 30 miles again:
- Monday: 4 miles easy. I’ve got to get the core and ab work back on track.
- Tuesday: Interval day with Cal Coast. If I follow my plan, 6 miles. I’m pretty sure I’ll be shorter
- Wednesday: 4 miles easy. Maybe I’ll erg. I’ve got to knock the dust off that puppy again.
- Thursday: 3 X 1600 intervals. Including warm up and warm down should be around 7 miles. I doubt I’ll hit the track up though. Maybe I’ll just hit the trails in El Moro and get a few miles in. Then again, maybe not.
- Friday: Scheduled rest day
- Saturday: 8 miles. Probably will head out with my Cal Coast buddies tapering for the OC Marathon.
- Sunday: 35 minute tempo run. But then again…. I might run a little 5K about an hour away in Temecula. I know – sounds strange to drive an hour to run for less than 30 minutes…..
- Total plan: 32.5 miles. Total actual: ????
The silver lining here is that this weekend was real enjoyable. I’m not sure I’m ready to whip out a double digit run yet, but at least I feel like I’m on my way back to some consistent activity.