I had to check the calendar yesterday. It’s late April right? And I suppose April showers bring May flowers, but honestly – this is Southern California. Enough of this rain already!
I headed to the high school track a little after 5PM to put in some interval work. None of my pals were there yet, and just as I stepped out of the car the heavens opened. This wasn’t a normal warm spring shower – but a cold February type downpour. I decided there and then that my rowing machine would be meeting my butt. I ended up spending 30 minutes on the erg for a total of 6.1 kilometers. Today my back and shoulders are tired. I need more of that.
Speaking of being tired, my legs have been killing me. Nothing serious and no injury, but just a nagging tired muscle pain in my quads and some sore creaky knees. It’s been almost a month since the marathon, and I just feel like my legs are not recovering this time around. Maybe it’s time for new shoes – I do have around 350 miles on my road shoes. Hmmm.
Which reminds me – my schedule for this week:
- Monday – Rest. Recovery from weekend race.
- Tuesday – Intervals with track club. 5 miles or thereabouts. (Already behind the eight ball).
- Wednesday – 5 general aerobic miles
- Thursday – 3 x 1600 intervals at 10K pace. With warm ups and warm downs, around 7 miles
- Friday – 4 general aerobic miles
- Saturday – 9 general aerobic miles
- Sunday – 40 minute tempo run
- Total – around 34 miles
Keep me honest folks!