Sunday, August 17, 2008

Humid Humid Humid

Yesterday's run was a tough 8 miles on the Upper Back Bay trail. I kept my pace down to a reasonable if not slow 10:30, but by mile 5 I was having some serious trouble maintaining that. I think there were three contributing reasons: (1) all of the time off lately with vacation and travel, (2) Friday's hard workout (still has me sore), and (3) THE HUMIDITY! I just came back from a couple of weeks on the East Coast, and the humidity back there was *no where* near what it was here this morning. All I know is that when I was done, I was *dripping* wet. I'm sure that dehydration had something to do with my fatigue as well.

It's also time to start looking for a race. My plan has me racing next weekend (5K or 10K), but there isn't anything local that looks interesting. My original thought for this training cycle was to do the Run to the Top at Mt. Baldy on Labor Day. That is looking more and more inviting....

No comments:

Post a Comment