Sunday, August 24, 2008

Travelling week

This week was not a good one from a training perspective. I had to travel to Atlanta for business. I always leave on business trips with my gear and the best of intentions, but this trip was a write off from a training perspective.

First off, my connectors got messed up Tuesday, so instead of getting into Atlanta in the early evening, I ended up getting to the hotel at 11:00 PM. Next, Wednesday was hot and humid - 94 degrees and about 60% humidity. It took my breath away the first time I went outside about 4 in the afternoon. Then, since I hadn't had lunch, I was famished and wanted dinner. One of my favorite Tex Mex chains (Pappasito's Cantina) has a restaurant in Atlanta, so it was off to dinner. I grew up on the East Side of Los Angeles on food from places like El Tepeyac. I *love* Mexican food, and don't often consider the food at the chains as authentic in any way, shape or form. But, Pappasito's has a Chile Relleno that is worth the trip! I also had a very good "Ceviche" appetizer ( in quotes because there wasn't any conch in the salad). So, once I got back to the hotel, the last thing I was in the frame of mind to do was to get on a treadmill for 5.5 miles of hill work. So, I made Wednesday a write off.

Finally, Thursday was a travel day. I do my flying almost exclusively on United, and I'm a semi-regular on fight 473 - which gets into Orange County from O'hare at 10:23PM (give or take). Thursday was my scheduled rest day.

So, it looks like this week is another partial training week. I'll put in my run on Friday, along with the weekend workouts to salvage what I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment