Monday, August 18, 2008

Now I've Done It...

Yesterday's run was an invigorating tempo run of 35 minutes. I found it tough to keep my pace down in the appropriate range - around a 9:30 according to McMillan. I think that's a good thing! I ended up running almost 3.6 miles on the Upper Back Bay trail - the only reason it wasn't further was an unscheduled pit stop at the porta potty at Big Canyon.

I'm starting to feel stronger and faster these days. Which means that I am pleased with my progress on this Higdon training plan. This week, I'm supposed to enter a 5K or 10K race, but there really isn't anything close to home that sounds inviting. So, I looked out one week and entered a race I've been looking at for a while - the Run to the Top at Mt. Baldy. I am a little nervous because it is about 8 miles with a 4,000 foot elevation gain according to the website . I'm hoping I can power walk and finish in 2 hours. What am I doing?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment