Friday, October 30, 2009

Change of Plans

Well, I had every intention of getting my run in on Thursday. Two mile warm-up, 3 X 1600 at 10K pace, one mile warm down. Hopped in my car and headed to the local High School (Corona del Mar) to hit the padded track (yes - elitist). As I came driving up in the car, I noticed something that I usually don't see at the track. People! Yikes! A JV football game! So much for using this track!

Oh well. I'm still in recovery, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Since I don't have anything running wise to write about, maybe it's time to answer my One-Word challenge. I've been tagged by two bloggers that I follow religiously, Zoe of run, zoe, run and lindsay of chasing the kenyans. So - here goes:

Answer the following questions with only one-word answers:

1. Where is your cell phone? Charging
2. Your hair? Gray
3. Your mother? Alive
4. Your father? Alive
5. Your favorite food? Mexican
6. Your dream last night? None
7. Your favorite drink? Diet Pepsi (two words, but one product)
8. Your dream/goal? Win
9. What room are you in? Den
10. Your hobby? Running
11. Your fear? Failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Home
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren't? Fast
15. Muffins? No
16. Wish list item? Porsche
17. Where did you grow up? SoCal
18. Last thing you did? Eat
19. What are you wearing? Clothes
20. Your tv? Off
21. Your pets? Gato
22. Your friends? Old
23. Your life? Good
24. Your mood? Frustrated
25. Missing someone? No
26. Vehicle? BMW
27. Something you're not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? REI
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? About 2 minutes ago
31. Last time you cried? 10/11/2009 (Long Beach Marathon)
32. Your best friend? Wife
33. One place that you go over and over? Bishop
34. One person who emails you regularly? Hmmm.
35. Favorite place to eat? El Tepeyac (Sorry. Can't count)

So there you go. More than I certainly want to remember about myself. (:->) Hmm.

Today (Friday) was a rest day. I'll be up bright and early tomorrow for an 8 mile slogfest.

4 comments:

  1. Great answers Glenn, especially your best friend answer! Glad you're enjoying your time off! Hope your weekend is nice...great weather, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think BMW is more than one word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i had a few cheaty answers w/ an extra word or two myself. :) enjoyed your answers!

    boo those jv games - they interfered with my last track workout too!

    ReplyDelete