Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finishing Out the Week*

*As it seems with most things going on these days, I’m a day late and a dollar short. This post *should* have been yesterday’s post. Perhaps better late than never.

I woke up Sunday as sore as I’ve been in a long time. Even my arms were sore. But, I had some more miles to go to wrap up the week. I realized Saturday that I better get used to the heat. We’ve already received an email from the Race Director of the Harding Hustle to be ready for temperatures that may be close to 100 by the finish. So, I waited until high noon, and headed over to Bommer Ridge for seven miles in the sun. Other than some sore blisters (from Saturday), the run was uneventful. I kept the pace slow (12:00 per mile). And drank about a liter of water.

That put the wraps on a good week of training (finally). Total mileage – 40.75 – a quarter mile short of plan.

ETP Day 7: Ran 7 miles per plan. Calorie budget of 1979 plus 1115 for exercise was eclipsed by Father’s Day dinner (buffet). 600 calories over budget.

  • Training budget variance week to date: – 0.25 miles
  • Calorie budget variance week to date: –684 calories

It was also time for weigh in – weight is up to 228 pounds (maybe water from Saturday’s workout?) but fat percentage is down to 25.9%, which means

muscle

 

169 pounds of quivering protoplasm, and

 

 

wm-ss-fat-guy

 

59 pounds sinking the ship this week.

 

(These number bear out my hypothesis above, since fat weight is actually going down. Whew.)

19 comments:

  1. Way to end your week. What have you found out about the whole weight loss thing in general? Any thing that you have learned (lessons), other than the whole intake, outgo math thing. I have found with my increase in training my weight is going back up. lol. I am just like a cookie monster or something. Geeez. Thanks for sharing. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're killing it! Way to end the week strong! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mileage this week Glenn! Keep it up, I loved your pictures of muscle vs fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harding Hustle does not sound like the race for me.

    Congratulations on the fat loss, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the fat weight loss! That's always a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a great week! Fat loss..way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the week Glenn! Looking good! I ate way too much on Father's day too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lower body fat is awesome, that's the number to focus on for awhile :). You're an animal to run in those conditions...I know I should get used to it but I'm such a warm weather wimp, I head out at 4a.m. if I have to or hit the treadmill. 4.5 weeks to SF. My heel's screaming today. What to do, what to do! Have a great reat of your week, GlenN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 40 miles?! Good gravy man!

    Also, I'm sure you are probably aware that not all calories are equal. :d

    Of course you do because fat loss is going down! High five!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm. I've never thought to "budget" calories before. Makes sense, though. I've learned to never weigh in the day after a big weekend of eating. I usually weigh in on Wednesday, just to process the water retention. :)

    You're really cranking the miles, Glenn! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. who is the guy in the little boat???

    running at noon-dude are you NUTS!!!???? crazy Crazy Crazy-i just dont register for races that might have an finish line temp of 100 degrees! Yep that's called Penny will be going to the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a brave one to venture on a Father's Day buffet! After SF I hope to work on finding my optimal weight....your efforts are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are firming up, that's always a good thing.
    Wait! What are we talking about? LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's totally the water. Happens to me all the time. ;)

    Keep up the great work Glenn! You're still my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Allowances must be made for Father's Day buffets. I hope you enjoyed every bite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty sure I said this before, but I LOVE the breakdown of muscle vs fat. Great way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work. Keep it up (actually keep it down). You probably noticed how I conveniently did my 20 mile run on Father's Day instead of on Saturday - 3,000 activity calories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm like 2 weeks behind on posts... no one knows the difference unless you own up to it :)

    i don't even want to know how much ship i am sinking... the whole durn thing probly.

    ReplyDelete