The only thing that seems to be suffering is The Execution. With last weekend’s fun and games, what should have been a mid to upper 30 mile week became 19 instead. I’m happy that this time around I don’t have a goal race. I don’t need to worry about speed/fitness level etc. It’s kind of nice to not *have* to worry about where I am in my fitness. I understand that I may not have any PR races in the upcoming few months. It’s nice to just be running for the fun of running. The only thing suffering right now is my weight – but that’s a matter of adjusting my intake appropriately (hasn’t happened yet).
I’m patching a plan together for this week. It will deviate from the plan on my original schedule, but that’s becuase I ran 13.5 on Monday and have a race on Sunday. Here’s the way this week will shape up:
- Monday: Laguna Hills Half Marathon. 13 miles.
- Tuesday: Recovery day. Rest.
- Wednesday: 3 easy miles. Resistance workout of two sets each: Single leg squat, oblique bridge, lying draw-in w/ hip flexion, quadruped, followed by one set each: Lying Hip Abduction, Cook Hip Lift, Kneeling Overhead Draw In, Knee Fall Out, Single Leg Squat Jump
- Thursday: 7 easy miles.
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: RnR expo! Tweetup! Fun times!
- Sunday: RnR relay. I have 7 miles on my (first) leg. Then I’m hoofing it to the finish to cheer my fellow runners on their way in. Who’s running?
- Puts me right around 30 miles for the week.
As an aside, remember the story I posted about the bobcat in the neighborhood? Guess what happened this past week? Here’s a picture taken yesterday:
Story here: http://www.dailypilot.com/news/dpt-bobcat060210,0,6487829.story Hopefully they won't be injured by *their* biggest threat - the two legged and for wheeled kind.