Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time to Get Caught Up

It seems like this is an ongoing theme of mine. Getting caught up. I spend a weekend getting caught up on my reading, only to fall waaayy far behind by the middle of the week. To all my loyal readers – thanks for remaining loyal. And thanks for putting up with the once a week comment floods!

Speaking of getting caught up, it’s time to get back to running. I took Monday and Tuesday off after Sunday’s race, and then even with all the good intentions last night, had to postpone that run as well. So, this will be another short week of running. I’m hoping I can hit somewhere around 30 miles or so after last week’s 33.5.

  • Thursday: 7 easy miles.
  • Friday: 3 easy miles. Resistance workout consisting of three sets each: Single leg squat, oblique bridge, lying draw-in w/ hip flexion, quadruped; Two sets each: Single Leg Squat Jump
  • Saturday: 14 long miles
  • Sunday: 7 miles at race pace. Resistance workout consisting of three sets each: Single leg squat, oblique bridge, lying draw-in w/ hip flexion, quadruped; Two sets each: Single Leg Squat Jump
  • Total: 31 miles

This weekend’s running will be interesting as my youngest son will be graduating from High School (congratulations Kyle!) So we have Friday night Baccalaureate, Saturday Commencement, and early Sunday AM pickup from Grad night. Hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze a few hours of running in. Heaven knows my waistline needs it.

11 comments:

  1. congrats to your son for graduating that's awesome. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of miles for the rest of this week. I'm out of gas, I'm tired just looking at that schedule. I've forgotten how much I love resting..hahaha.

    Congrats to your son! Seems like everyone is attending some sort of graduation type event this month. Bring some ear plugs or Tynenol, if I remember correctly, there will be lots of screaming, but the good kind, but still very loud! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son on graduating and to you on making sure he was successful in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny - I'm getting caught up as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm constantly playing catch up w/reading blogs, so my commenting has been lame-o. But just wanted to let you know I'm still a-readin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your son! That is great! Hope you get your running in this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you son for graduating!

    Great miles!

    I know what you mean about getting caught up on blog reading!! I am doing that now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your son's high school graduation, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your son's graduation Glenn! Be a proud papa!

    I'm with ya on the absence and then the flurry of comments and posts. That's completely been my MO for the last three months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your son's graduation! Enjoy all of the festivities! I hope you're able to get out for a few runs in between the celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'd rather have a "fat" guy flood than drought!!

    congrats to your son, do dad's get as emo as mom's?

    ReplyDelete