Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Final Interval Session

I put in my last interval session on this training cycle last night. I wasn't able to make it to the track to run with my club, so I headed on down to the Back Bay and ran some intervals there. It was more like a Fartlek workout - the only difference being I had my Garmin programmed to remind me to slow down and speed up every quarter mile. When all was said and done, I put in my planned six miles. I kept it easy and ran within my target pace - except on the last 400 where I decided to air it out a little (7:04 pace- - wow - was that really me?).

So, here I am. Two more days of light running (today 4 miles recovery, tomorrow 30 minute tempo) until goal race day. Then I have Friday and Saturday off. What will I do with my free time?

6 comments:

  1. GLENNNNN you are getting so speedy! :) Perhaps I will be seeing you this weekend, if I decide to race the half as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to do anything cool with my Garmin. I might need some help in the near future! Good luck on the race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if your taper/free time is anything like mine you will still somehow not get anything done! hope that isn't the case :) rest up and get excited for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Always fun to "air out" that last interval before a race. It's a great confidence builder. It sounds like you're fit to race, sir. Enjoy your light runs and try to relax on your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UM WOW. Just WOW.

    I am so looking forward to your race report!!

    ReplyDelete