Monday, April 13, 2009

Unscheduled Rest Day

Well, things have been going along quite nicely on this training cycle, but alas, all good things must come to an end. What I thought was DOMS yesterday morning just progressed throughout the day until I was in bed shivering from a fever. I spent the day generally miserable slipping in and out of sleep, sore, and feverish. Needless to say, I didn't run.

So that wrapped up last week. Total distance - 31 miles. I gave up a 4 mile pace run yesterday, but considering the day before I essentially ran a 12 mile pace run, I'm not too torn up.

This week's plan includes a 5K on Saturday:

Monday - 4 mile easy run. Gym for stretching and core work. (I'm not sure I'm going to run today - I'm still feeling a little under the weather.)
Tuesday - Intervals. About 6 miles total
Wednesday - 4 mile recovery run. Gym for stretching and core work.
Thursday - 60 minute tempo run. About 6 miles total.
Friday - Rest day!
Saturday - RACE! Costa Mesa Community Run 5K
Sunday - 6 mile recovery.

This puts me at 29 miles for the week. If I don't run today (high probability of this happening) then I may extend Sunday's run to 9 miles or so. But then again - maybe not!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about you being sick. You better stop licking those grocery cart handles... they're covered in germs! :p

    Looks like you have your week all planned out. I hope you're feeling all better so you can do all you have planned and feel great doing it!

    I'm looking forward to hearing about you 5K on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete