Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update on Saturday's Race

Well, official results were finally posted for Saturday's Costa Mesa Community Run. I was obviously a little out of it when I was looking at results. The news was even better! I thought I had run a 25.42. But, I actually ran a 25.24! That's another 18 seconds on my PR! That means I bettered my old 5K PR set last October by 47 seconds. I think my training is working. I also finished 111th out of 493 runners. I'm satisfied.

As mentioned yesterday, I'm on the road so there was no running yesterday. I'm hoping to make it back home early enough today though to catch my pals doing intervals tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Dyslexia can be a good thing sometimes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, very speedy....way to get a PR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was uber hot yesterday. Congrats on the PR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!!! You should subtract 2 minutes off your time because of the heat you ran in! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just caught up with your race report! Congrats on the PR...even with that nasty hill at the end (what were they thinking?)

    ReplyDelete