Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Four More (Plus One)

We've been blessed lately with some great weather, so I decided that yesterday's run should take place where I could enjoy that. Off to where else but Crystal Cove!

The plan was an easy four miles. The run went well. I felt like I was moving along and expending little effort (for a change). The weather was beautiful, so when I hit my planned turnaround point, I continued motoring forward. Luckily for me, there's only another half mile of trail, so I was pretty limited to a five mile run. Otherwise who knows how far I would have gone?

Anyways, at the 2.5 mile point, I turned around and headed back. Only then did I discover why my run was so effortless. I had been running with the wind at my back (no pun intended)! And yes - it was stiff enough to be pushing me along! So I had to put my head down and watch my heart rate ramp up as I headed back to the car. Made it back in just under 49 minutes at an average heart rate of 82% of max. Another decent run. I turned over a new leaf then and hit the gym for some stretching and core work. My toungue is still hanging out of my mouth.

On tap today - intervals at the track! Ugh....

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos on your other post! WOW! Sounds like a great run. I have 5 to do tonight, and it's nice in NorCal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the days when everything is going well and you just keep going! good luck with intervals today - soo daunting all day long!

    ReplyDelete