Thursday, March 5, 2009

Recovery Day at Crystal Cove

Yesterday was recovery day. After Tuesday's workout, I decided that taking it easy was in the cards for me. Also, I needed a little change of scenery. Ever since my diagnosis of spondylolisthesis, I've pretty much tried to keep my runs on flat surfaces - which pretty much means the Newport Back Bay. My back has been feeling much better these days (a little stiff after long runs is about all the discomfort I have), so I headed off to Crystal Cove to run on the bluff above the ocean (which involves a few minor hills). It was kind of cool and blustery, but the run was a welcome relief from the stresses of the day. Stresses? Yeah right. After reading some of the blogs I follow, I should be counting my blessings!

The run itself went off without a hitch. A little slower than normal, but a much of that is because I ran into a friend on the trail and helped a couple with directions. Final stats - 4.25 miles at an average pace of 10:58 and average heart rate 72% of max.

Today's workout is supposed to be a meat grinder too - 45 minute tempo run. My legs are fatigued though, so I'm not sure how "tempo" I'll be able to get things. But I'll go through the motions and get my heart rate going.

And I still need to find a replacement race for Spirit Run. I have it narrowed down to the Coaster Run 10K or the La Habra 10K. I'll be on the search to find anyone who has run these before....

No comments:

Post a Comment