Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Running Round and Round and Round

Track day! Just the words get me tired. This was the second week that I've run with my track club. And after two weeks I can totally see why. Something about hard running makes it not so bad when a bunch of other people are cursing as well!

The damage - 2 mile warm up, 1 X 1200, 4 X 800, 1 mile warm down. Including recovery I put in 6 miles last night. Average pace 9:38 (including warm up, warm down, and recovery). I checked out time at greater than 90% MHR - 12.1 minutes. Man - no wonder I'm tired today!

Also - sorry for the late post today. This thing called work keeps getting in the way. On tap for today - 4 recovery miles.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work, Glenn! That track running is hard stuff. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Shudder* 4 x 800 makes me want to puke just reading it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS a new runner, I just have to say that your "boring" posts about 4 mile recovery runs totally inspired me for my last 90 second interval today (total beginner, doing the Couch to 5K). I kept thinking of how 4 miles is *boring* to you--oddly enough, I found that inspiring and kept telling myself that if a "fat guy" can get as far as you, then a "fat chick" can totally finish the last 90 second interval. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job doing your track running. Especially since you go knowing how tough it's going to be.

    ReplyDelete