Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 3 Done!

So - third week on this training cycle is done. Went out on a 4 mile recovery run late yesterday. It lived up to my expectations - steady but slow. I was still sore and physically tired from Saturday's 12 miler, so I wasn't expecting an earth shattering run. I did a normal two mile out and back along the Newport Back Bay. I managed to keep my heart rate down (72% of max, 133 bpm) which is all I was really targeting. I was going to hit the gym for some stretching and core work. But, I got a late start on my run (isn't daylight savings great?), so by the time I got to the gym, it was going to be an 8 PM finish. I decided to pass on the gym and get some dinner instead.

So - that wrapped up week 3. Ended up at 35 miles for the week. Whew - back to back 30+mile weeks. I'm a little sore here and there, but otherwise doing okay. On tap this week is a couple mile rollback - 32.5 miles:

Monday - 4 mile easy run; stretching and core work
Tuesday - 7 miles - intervals
Wednesday - 4 mile recovery run; stretching and core work
Thursday - 45 minute tempo
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 9 mile 3/1 run
Sunday - 4 miles at HMP; stretching and core work

Onward to week 4!

4 comments:

  1. this is your training for your 10K, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Glenn. Your posts have been so uplifting lately. I'm so happy that things are getting back on track for you. I know what it's like to be sidelined by an injury and I'm proud of you for taking your time off, sticking with your goal and getting back to it. There are so many people who just write off running because "it hurts my back" or "it hurts my knees", or "it just hurts". I wish you the best of luck in the 10K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. skipping the post-run ab workout... story of my life :) hope you don't get sucked into the habit like i did. i've actually been combating it intensely this week to improve myself. nice job on your easy, recovery 4!

    ReplyDelete