Friday, January 15, 2010

Back on the Horse

What's with this cold? After just a day in bed, I was back in the saddle again. I felt better the longer the day progressed. I *did* take it easy on my rower, but I got it done nonetheless. I put in a 33 minute workout - 5 minutes warm up followed by a long pyramid: 1000 meters at 22 strokes per minute (spm), 1000 meters at 25 spm, 1000 at 28 spm, 1000 at 25 spm, and 1000 at 22 spm. I wrapped it up with a 3 minute, 500 meter warm down for 6500 meters (4 miles).

The plan is to do the same this afternoon. I'll take an easy 6 miles around the upper back bay - just get the miles in and enjoy the scenery. I need to because I'm hearing rumors of a wet next week - and you all know how this Californian reacts to bad weather!

9 comments:

  1. Way to fight that cold, by resting. Great job on the erg. Hope you enjoy your 6 miler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good run. Sometimes running in the rain is pretty nice, as long as it isn't cold and windy and isn't raining too hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenn,
    I just saw your comment on Meg's blog and I just wanted you to know that there is no such thing as a lowly bagboy:) You were working for a honest living...good for you!

    Wow, I am so jealous of where you live. It must be so nice to run in such beautiful surroundings and weather! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain next week? No! I have another long one planned and it feels REALLY long when you are soaking wet.

    I hope you are back to 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling back to 100% soon! We are having a heat wave here! 40 degrees out today! All the snow is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glenn! Glad you are feeling a bit better!

    Hey..sorry to get you riled up by my post the other day. I understand your perspective!! I just wanted to put stuff out there about the interval and weight training (in addition to endurance).....because all three things are excellent and important in their own ways...and can augment the others. I'm still a total n00b to ALL of it, but Wendy wrote a great post a couple days ago that you might enjoy. http://thewholeway.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/weight-training-a-primer-for-new-tos/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenn, Lyle has some very good pointers about weights, too. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/beginning-weight-training-part-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so funny that all the So Cal runners/bloggers are already stressing out about the rain, isn't that typical? I hope you continue to feel better this weekend and I hope your long one goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better today! It's soooo frustrating with these viruses! Doing the "feel better soon" dance for you!!

    ReplyDelete